How do you install

Feb 14, 2008 at 1:28 AM
I tried to move the files to my server and hit deploy.cmd. Did not seem to work. I also had a error message when I unzipped the files.

Feb 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM
1) Compile the project --- confirm that the post build event has executed (see Post build error)
2) Copy the wsp file to the sharepoint server
3) Add the wsp file in the newly created deployment folder to sharepoint with STSADM -o addsolution -filename Ratman.SharePoint.SharePointSandBoxMediaPlayer.wsp
4) using SharePoint Central Administration -> Operations Tab -> Solution Management select Ratman.SharePoint.SharePointSandBoxMediaPlayer.wsp and click Deploy Solution.
5) enable the feature for the your site from Site settings -> Site Collection Features

You should now have the web part added to your site's web part gallery. You can then edit it's properties changing it's Quick Add Group and other settings to your own requirements.
Mar 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM
Do I must install MS Silverlight to play Media player? is there any other way around don't ask user download Silverlight ?
Sep 8, 2008 at 7:24 PM
I added the files to my web server. Tried to run the STSADM command but got this error: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>stsa
dm -o addsolution -Ratman.SharePoint.SharePointSandBoxMediaPlayer.wsp

Command line error. Invalid parameter.

stsadm.exe -o addsolution
            -filename <Solution filename>
            [-lcid <language>]

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please assist if you can.... I also tried to run the deploy.cmd but it did not work as well. Am I in the wrong directory? Please provide me with step by step instructions on how to perform this operation.

Your rapid response is appreciated